Expertise in research programs
The ENS de Lyon can provide you with cutting-edge expertise and help you set up research programs tailored to your needs. The school collaborates with small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and larger companies to help them develop products and services by opening new technological frontiers and new perspectives in innovation.
Services for researchers
- Set up research contracts
- Manage partnerships: we help you assess costs, deadlines, protect IP rights and set up conditions tailored to your needs.
Services for companies
Your business is looking for an expert? We can help:
- connect you with researchers in the field you are interested in
- set up a partnership-based research program.
If you are already in touch with an ENS de Lyon researcher, things are even simpler:
- we help you formalize the contractual terms of your research partnership: cost assessment, IP clauses, deliverables and deadlines.
- we suggest a contract that fits your needs as well as researcher’s objectives.
- simpler contracts for swifter administrative processes
- a single intermediary who negotiates and signs on behalf of different laboratories, for more efficiency
How does the ENS de Lyon, as an employer and host, enhance the results of your research?
- it identifies and protects your inventions: patents, brands, software, databases, know-how, etc.
- it organises the transfer of these results through third parties: business partners, joint supervision bodies, research centres (Fist, Inserm Transfert, Inra Transfert) and other structures resulting from national investment programmes (Bioaster, Pusalys)
- it handles licences and profit-sharing between public institutions and researchers.
Beyond what they bring to researchers and school, licences are an opportunity to transfer knowledge and technology to society, to support the launch of a startup and put the spotlight on an invention that can be used by other firms.
Areas of focus include:
- patent registrations for specific technologies used by businesses, typically as a result of a collaboration
Ex: Solvay, Thales, bioMérieux, L’Oréal
- development of patent-protected technologies for start-ups within own incubator
- registration of software that can be a starting point towards new applications and services for society
Ex: Cosmo company, Diet
When negotiating licences, the ENS de Lyon works with technology transfer companies such as:
It is a”Technology Transfer Acceleration Company” (SATT*) launched by the Université de Lyon and the CNRS to support the development and promotion of intellectual property.
- Inserm Transfert
- Inra Transfert
The ENS de Lyon has its own business incubator, across more than 300 square meters of space dedicated to startups. Its aims are to:
- help researchers create and work into their own company
- set up the most appropriate incubation contract to host their activities in offices and/or laboratories
- bring up specific equipments
- help them with administrative procedures, in particular with regards to the civil servants’ ethics committee
- brings projects to fruition, turning research results and student initiatives into promising businesses
- creates local and highly skilled jobs
- strengthens public research by funding theses and post-doctorates and pooling research resources
- encourages research partnerships
- highlights the value of public research and promotes its applications in society.
Source: École Normale Supérieure de Lyon