From November 7th to 9th 2022, Philippe Thomas and Laurent Jaillet (Technical and functional coordinator of the Engineering Department of the Lifelong learning department of the University of Burgundy) carried out a mission at the University of Mainz, accompanied by Bernhard Altheim, head of the university of Burgundy’s FORTHEM Office. Carried out within the framework of the FORTHEM Alliance, this action followed the involvement of the university of Burgundy in the exchange group FORTHEM ULL (University for Lifelong Learning).
This exchange mission had several objectives:
- Identify the implemented action between the two universities;
- Identify the possible level of participation within the framework of a future European call for projects (publication before the end of 2022);
- Enable mutual understanding of the organization of continuing education and work-study programmes in the two countries;
- Allow mutual understanding of the structure of the two departments dedicated to the management of continuing education and the alternation of the two universities;
- Analyze the convergent and divergent elements of the concept of quality assurance in the field of continuing education;
- Discuss the international mobility of alternating audiences.
This first contact made it possible to identify lines of work for a future partnership, currently being considered, within the framework of a common desire to work on issues that interest the two departments of the two universities.