Apply for our €5000 master degree scholarship and let us help make your study abroad dreams a reality
Looking for a master degree scholarship in Europe? We can help. At educations.com, we believe that students who study abroad become the next generation of globally-minded leaders – and we want more of you to do it!
Europe is an incredible place to study abroad, but we know that many of you need a scholarship for master degree studies to make your dreams come true. That’s why we’re offering one master degree scholarship of up to €5000 to help cover your tuition fees and get you one step closer to your next great adventure.
The scholarship will be awarded for the Fall 2023 semester onwards up to a value of €5000, and is open to students from any country who will be studying a master’s degree abroad at a European university or graduate school.
The application period ends on the 15th of May 2023 at 12:00 CEST.
To apply for this scholarship:
- You must have applied (or will apply) to a university or graduate school within Europe (see the FAQs below for an official list of European countries).
- You must have applied (or will apply) for a Master’s-level degree starting the Fall 2023.
- The degree program must be studied either within Europe or online via distance learning from a European institute.
- You must meet the entry requirements for the university or graduate school, including:
- Holding a valid undergraduate (Bachelor’s) degree
- Meeting language requirements for the program
- You must hold or be eligible to apply for a relevant study visa (if applicable).
- You must be studying abroad in a country:
- Where you do not hold citizenship
- That you do not currently reside in (unless currently studying abroad).
Our ideal candidate
Are you the next globally-minded leader?
If you’re looking for a scholarship in Europe, we already know that you’re well into your path to studying abroad. Having taken this leap, it’s clear that you have a courageous and adventurous spirit. What else are we looking for in a candidate?
- Globally-minded and interested in other cultures
- Motivated and inspired to positively change the world
- High academic achiever with consistently outstanding grades
- Involved in extra-curricular groups and activities
- Excited to begin your adventure and share your story with the world!
Key dates for Master’s in Europe 2023 Scholarship
17 May 2022, 14:00 CEST
15 May 2023, 12:00 CEST
12-23 June 2023
3-7 July 2023
Scholarship paid out:
Fall 2023 semester
Wondering how to apply for our master degree scholarship in Europe?
To be considered, you must submit your completed application by the 16th of May 2022 at 12:00 CEST.
The application consists of:
- Filling out a form
- Submitting a short essay (400-500 words) on the question: Why did you choose your study abroad country, and how will it help you grow as a globally-minded leader?
Please note, applications must be submitted in English. Applications in other languages will not be considered. Similarly, applications including a CV, academic records, certifications, or documents other than the application essay will not be evaluated.
If selected as a finalist, you may be asked to provide:
- Proof of acceptance into the university in the form of a copy of your acceptance letter
- Proof of undergraduate qualifications in the form of a copy of your transcript
- Proof of identity in the form of a copy of your passport
Copies of documents must be scanned in color. Please have these documents on hand should you be selected as a finalist. You will have 7 days from the time you receive notification of being selected as a finalist to supply us with this documentation.
If selected as the winner, you must:
- Respond within 3 days of receiving the offer of scholarship to confirm acceptance
FAQs about this scholarship
- How many master scholarships will be awarded?
There is only one scholarship per round available, which will be awarded to one individual.
- When will I find out if I have won the master degree scholarship?
The scholarship finalists will be contacted between the 12th and 23rd of June 2023, and the winner will be announced on our website and social media channels between the 3rd and 7th of July 2023.
- Can I edit my application after I submit it?
Yes, you will be able to log in as many times as you like using the email you originally submitted the application with up until the application close date – 15th May 2023 at 12:00 CEST. At this time, the application form will be closed and all submissions will be considered final.
Please note: Once you have submitted your essay, you will be unable to delete and re-upload revised versions through the Google Form. So please make sure to only submit your application once your essay is complete. If you submit the wrong essay or would like to make changes, please email us at email@example.com from the email address associated with your application with the updated version of your essay.
- What do I have to submit with my application?
In the initial application for this master scholarship in Europe, all you need to do is fill in the form along with an essay on the topic: Why did you choose your study abroad country, and how will it help you become a globally-minded leader?
If you are selected as a finalist, you will be asked to supply further documentation to further prove your eligibility.
- What should I include in my application essay?
We know that a scholarship for master degree studies will help you achieve your dreams of studying abroad, but we want to know more. We want you to tell us what drew you to the country you’ve chosen, and particularly, how it will help you grow as a globally-minded leader. Tell us what’s important to you, where you see your future, and how studying abroad in this particular country will help you get there as well as how it will help you grow and develop.
If you want to get more practical tips on how to improve your scholarship application and essay, have a look at our article on scholarship tips and advice.
- I want to upload a new version of my essay. How do I do this?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org from the email address associated with your application with the updated version of your essay and we will make a note on your application.
- Can I get reimbursed if I have already paid my tuition fees for the Fall 2023 semester?
Unfortunately, we’re unable to reimburse tuition fees that have already been paid. The scholarship fund can only be used towards upcoming tuition fees and is paid directly to your university.
- Can this scholarship be used towards other expenses?
The scholarship fund can only be used towards your tuition fees. No living costs, accommodation rental, travel expenses, or other semester fees can be covered.
- Can I email or send you my application by post?
No, all applications must be submitted via the official online form (link below). If you email or post us your application, we will not include it for consideration.
- Is this scholarship for degrees taught in English only?
No, this master degree scholarship is open to programs taught in any language. However, we require the application and essay to be submitted in English only. Applications and essays submitted in other languages will not be evaluated.
- Is this scholarship open to me if I’m studying at a school that is not a university?
Yes, as long as it is a higher education-level institute based in Europe.
- I have already started studying my master’s degree. Am I still eligible?
If you start your Master’s degree studies before Fall 2023, unfortunately you are not eligible.
- I am applying to study my degree online. Am I eligible for this scholarship?
Yes, this scholarship for master degree studies is eligible towards tuition fees for online degrees provided that degree is delivered by a higher education institute based in Europe (see countries listed below). You do not need to be living in Europe or studying on campus and in-person to be eligible for this scholarship, however, you cannot be a citizen of or currently residing in that country (unless currently studying abroad).
- Which countries can I study abroad in to apply for this master scholarship in Europe?
We will be accepting applications from people of any nationality but you must be applying to study abroad in one of the following countries:
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Czech Republic
- North Macedonia
- San Marino
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City